- SD Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment
- SD Division of Child Protection Services
- SD Adult Protective Services
- SD Victims Assistance Programs (Department of Public Safety)
- Project Safe Childhood (Department of Justice)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- National Sex Offender Registry
- Just Ask: is a not-for-profit educational organization based in McLean, Virginia focused on ending human trafficking in the United States and around the world through education, prevention, and intervention.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (Rainn): is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization and carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, and help victims. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE) and the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense.
- Darkness to Light: resources to provide adults with information to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to reduce child sexual abuse through education and public awareness.
- Safer, Smarter Families is an interactive site designed to help families create a Family Safety plan and for parents to educate their children about being safe.
- Fight Child Abuse.Org: A child abuse and maltreatment prevention and awareness program: “Protect Yourself Rules” (videos and lesson for grades K-6) and other information about child abuse.
- Lauren’s Kingdom Interactive Book (App) is for boys and girls ages 5-9, Lauren’s Kingdom teaches personal safety from a place of fun – not fear – with animations, games and surprises for kids, guided reading questions and safety activities for families, and a parent portal with important child safety tips just for parents.
Social Media & Online Safety
- Covenant Eyes/CMG Connect for Parents: information about safeguarding your kids online
- ConnectSafely.org: a non-profit organization dedicated to educating users of connected technology about safety, privacy and security.
- Faith and Safety: a online resource guide brought to you by a collaboration between the USCCB and the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Internet Safety 101: internet safety topics: online predators, pornography, gaming, social media, and cyber bullying.
- Netsafe Videos: short informational videos about internet safety by grade
- NetSmartz: The NetSmartz Workshop is an interactive, educational safety resource from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) for children aged 5 to 17, parents, guardians, educators, and law enforcement that uses age-appropriate, 3-D activities to teach children and teens how to stay safer on the Internet.
- Smart Social: information and short videos about most popular social media apps used by kids
- Break the Cycle: inspires and supports young people to build healthy relationships and create a culture without abuse.
- Love is Respect: loveisrespect’s purpose is to engage, educate and empower young people to prevent and end abusive relationships. It was launched in 2007 as a project of the National Domestic Abuse Hotline.
- Veto Violence/Dating Matters: (online video/module): National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center is a federal resource for communities working to prevent violence committed by and against young people.