Weekly Catholic Ministry
- Only the prison chaplain is allow inside for limited ministry at this time at the Sioux Falls locations ( The Hill & Jameson)
Mondays night Bible Study at the Hill: starts with Evening Prayer followed by Lectio Divina with the upcoming Sunday’s Gospel
- Saturdays: morning Mass at Jameson followed by one-on-one visits and evening Mass at the Hill
Confessions and other one-on-one conversations are allowed when social distancing is possible throughout the week/weekend
Priest, Prophet, King Discipleship Group
- A Catholic group for men post-incarceration (while on parole or having finished their sentence)
- For men who desire to learn more about the Catholic faith upon their release and grow in fraternity
- For more information email by clicking here.
Residents Encounter Christ (REC) Retreats
- Started in 1981 by Bishop Paul Dudley
- A weekend retreat where the inmates participate in Mass, small group discussion, hear talks, sing, pray the Stations of the Cross, and share in fellowship
- Retreats are typically held 2-3 times per year in Sioux Falls at the Hill and Jameson (Retreats have also been held in Springfield and Pierre over the years)
- Volunteers are welcomed
Christmas Prison Fudge*
*Due to coronavirus precautions, the Department of Corrections has requested there be NO homemade fudge this year. We will be doing Christmas Sacks for the inmates which consist of purchased prepackaged items that are individually wrapped.
The prison chaplains have set a goal to raise $11,500. The deadline to raise the money is Friday, November 12th, 2021. This allows enough time for us to place the orders and have the items delivered to the prisons and jails.
Please join us in offering this small gift as an act of charity and a corporal Work of Mercy “visiting the imprisoned”:
Donate Via Mail: Donations can be sent to:
SD Prison Chaplain Association, c/o Christ Sacks
601 W 57th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57108
* Please write “Christmas Sacks” in the memo line
Donate Online: Go to https://ccfesd.org/give-now/, Direct my gift to: “Prison Ministry”, and Under “Gift Details” put: Christmas Sacks for Prisoners
For more information or questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Diocesan Office.