Bishop Richard Pates Mission Grant Application
For several years, The DISC organization has provided grants to organizations that serve in a variety of ministries that possibly do not have financial resources that many of our local Dioceses or Parishes enjoy. Since the grant program has been put into place, several agencies, Diocesan offices, Catholic Charities and Mission organizations have been approved for small grant funding. Some of the past years recipients of these funds are as follows:
- Pinellas Hope Homeless Shelter, Clearwater, Florida, to provide emergency shelter
- St Francis House, Sioux Falls, South Dakota providing baby formula, diapers for displaced families
- La Sagrada Parish of Sabana Yegua, Dominica Republic towards cost sharing of a generator.
- Clinica San Jose, Concepcion Tutuapa, San Marcos Guatamala, to provide better health services and educate native staff.
- Morgan County United Ministries, Diocese of Steubenville, Ohio funds from DISC to provide “Blankets of Care” to the homeless.
- Presentation Sisters – Kalomo Mission in Zambia, Africa to provide funding for orphans to attend school.
- Hospital Bon Samaritan, Limbe, Haiti to rehabilitate drinking water towers, purchase new plumbing fixtures, repair damage to the fountains, sanitize and paint the fountains.
- Don Bosco Vocational Training Center for Girls in Cambodia. Accounting software for training girls aged 18-24.
The DISC membership continues to benefit from profits through a partnership with Insight and a new partnership with Paragon Micro and a percentage of the funds are designated for these grants. We, as members, have been given the opportunity to model our faith in the form of stewardship to those that are in need of financial assistance. This is a demonstration of our faith that we are all one, working to carry out the work of the church.