The Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls is seeking an experienced marketing professional to serve in the role of Marketing Strategist. The successful candidate will perform essential research to create impactful marketing strategies that promotes the Bishop’s vision to create lifelong Catholic missionary disciples through God’s Love. Responsibilities will include identifying new marketing opportunities, developing innovative concepts to promote brand awareness and utilizing marketing tactics to promote the diocesan vision. In addition, the marketing strategist will develop and implement processes to gauge the interests of the target demographic to translate this information into a usable campaign. Leadership skills required to collaborate with various departments and diocesan entities to identify potential gaps and develop market opportunities. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field with at least 2 years experience as a marketing strategist, marketing manager or similar role may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This is not a remote work position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage the marketing, promotion and engagement strategy for the Diocese of Sioux Falls.
- Promote diocesan ministries, events, campaigns, and services through multimedia and multiplatform strategies.
- Coordinate the design and development of effective communication, marketing and promotional materials for all media platforms.
- Identify new market opportunities and audience preferences to support campaign strategy and brand positioning.
- Develop, maintain and monitor digital campaigns to increase web traffic and measure and ensure effectiveness.
- Serve as a consultant for diocesan departments and ministries in the development of promotional, marketing and social media engagement to ensure brand alignment and consistency.
- Produce marketing copy, including any advertising for print, digital/website and social media.
- Provide training and resourcing to diocesan entities on communication marketing and best practices.
- Develop, produce and record radio/video programs in various settings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exposure to mobile, social and tablet measurement approaches as well as understanding of multi-touch attribution in media evaluation.
- Extensive experience in advertising and marketing tools including Indesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications.
- Thought leadership on all aspects of digital advertising, digital media strategy and standard media measurement.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to think strategically, multitask, and conform to shifting priorities, demands, and time lines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms.
- Experience in working effectively with a wide range of individuals while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Church theology, structure, history and hierarchy
- Comprehensive knowledge of the issues facing the Catholic Church in the state, nation and globally as it relates to data laws and technology
- Creative thinker with data-driven analytical aptitude
- Proven track record of project management and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies
- Familiarity with SEO and Google Analytics
- Proven experience in social media strategy and tactics
- Video/audio experience a plus