- SD Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment
- SD Division of Child Protection Services
- SD Adult Protective Services
- SD Victims Assistance Programs (Department of Public Safety)
- Project Safe Childhood (Department of Justice)
- NetSmartz: The NetSmartz Workshop is an interactive, educational safety resource from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) for children aged 5 to 17, parents, guardians, educators, and law enforcement that uses age-appropriate, 3-D activities to teach children and teens how to stay safer on the Internet.
- Safer, Smarter Families is an interactive site designed to help families create a Family Safety plan and for parents to educate their children about being safe. Though some information may be specific to Florida, there is still a lot of helpful information.
- Fight Child Abuse.Org: A child abuse and maltreatment prevention and awareness program: “Protect Yourself Rules” (videos and lesson for grades K-6) and other information about child abuse.
- Lauren’s Kingdom Interactive Book (App) is for boys and girls ages 5-9, Lauren’s Kingdom teaches personal safety from a place of fun – not fear – with animations, games and surprises for kids, guided reading questions and safety activities for families, and a parent portal with important child safety tips just for parents.
Social Media & Online Safety
- Covenant Eyes/CMG Connect for Parents: information about safeguarding your kids online; offer try out Covenant Eyes with a free 30-day trial
- ConnectSafely.org: a non-profit organization dedicated to educating users of connected technology about safety, privacy and security. Here you’ll find research-based safety tips, parents’ guidebooks, advice, news and commentary on all aspects of tech use and policy.
- Faith and Safety: a online resource guide brought to you by a collaboration between the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Internet Safety 101: various internet safety topics, such as: online predators, pornography, gaming, social media, and cyberbullying.
- Netsafe Videos: short informational videos about internet safety by grade
- Smart Social: information and short videos about most popular social media apps used by kids
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (Rainn): is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization and carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, and help victims. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE) and the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. Their website also references South Dakota laws pertaining to rape and abuse in an easy-to-read format.
- Veto Violence/Dating Matters: National Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center is a federal resource for communities working to prevent violence committed by and against young people. Its mission is to provide key leaders in communities with dynamic resources to help support their efforts to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate youth violence prevention efforts.
- Darkness to Light: resources to provide adults with information to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to reduce child sexual abuse through education and public awareness.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation: resources for Internet safety for parents, including how to protect kids online.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: information about missing children, reporting exploitation, and, keeping children & teens safe.
- National Sex Offender Registry: United States Department of Justice National Sex Offender Public Offender Registry.