In accordance with the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People, and the Diocese of Sioux Falls Sexual Misconduct Policy, all adult employees and volunteer roles listed below are required to complete the Safe Environment Program as a condition of employment and/or volunteering. Please click on the program information links below to learn more.
- Employee USCCB Roles include:
- Clergy/Religious Personnel: includes pastors, priests, candidates for ordination, deacons, deacon candidates, religious sisters, visiting clergy, and those who are retired but still active in a ministry.
- Employees: includes full-time and part-time employees
- Educators: includes certified teachers, substitute teachers, and student teacher
- Volunteer USCCB Roles
- Volunteers w/minors: includes adults who have ongoing and/or unsupervised interaction with minors; includes parish religious education teachers and regular substitutes, and chaperones.
- Volunteers in a professional capacity: includes adults who provide services in a professional capacity but are not around children, commonly accountants and groundskeepers.
- Homebound Ministers: includes those who visit the homebound to administer Holy Communion