Teachers are the core of the education and success of Bishop O’Gorman Catholic School students. To celebrate the excellent faculty at all schools and all levels, all Bishop O’Gorman Catholic School teachers will be recognized at a banquet on Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Additionally three teachers will be honored as Teachers of Excellence, recognizing their exceptional efforts in Catholic education.
Eligibility to be Nominated as a Teacher of Excellence
- Nominees must teach at least half time and have their own classroom.
- Nominees must have a minimum of three years experience.
- Teachers may be nominated in consecutive years.
- Teachers are eligible to be honored once every five years.
- Nominations may be made by fellow teachers, priests or administrators. (Nominate a teacher)
- Nominators must also solicit one and up to three letters of support. Supporters may be colleagues, parents and community members. (Submit a letter of support)
- The teacher nominated will be contacted and asked to answer a few questions. (Respond to a nomination)
- Nominations are open February 3, 2020 to March 13, 2020.
Nominations are processed by the Office of Catholic Schools at Catholic Diocese of Sioux Falls. Nominations will be presented without naming the teacher or school to a judging committee consisting of five teachers and administrators. The way in which a teacher exemplifies the Bishop O’Gorman Catholic Schools mission and values is an important piece of the judging process.
Bishop O’Gorman Catholic Schools Mission
To form a community of faith and learning by promoting a Catholic way of life through Gospel values and academic excellence.
Bishop O’Gorman Catholic Schools Core Values
- Faith – Exemplify Gospel values in our daily lives
- Integrity – Adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Excellence – Strive to deliver superior results
- Unity – Support and contribute to the success of the organization