In response to current health conditions the public brunch has been canceled, but we have worked with Jessi to create a special at-home mini retreat just for you.
This event is a distinct opportunity for those women who are looking to take the next step in their journey of faith. With an emphasis on the interior life, we hope that you will walk away having had a greater encounter with Christ and with the tools to more readily recognize His voice.
Session 1: Providence...In All Things
Session 2: Dynamics of Relational Prayer
Download the Reflection Guide.
Meet Our Retreat Guide
Jessi Kary, AO is dedicated to spreading the call to holiness through the formation of the interior life. A native of Sioux Falls, she received her Masters in Theology at Ave Maria University in 2009 and made her final vows with the Pontifical Secular Institute of the Apostolic Oblates in 2015. She has worked for the Institute for Priestly Formation, the Pro Sanctity Movement and the Archdiocese of Omaha. Within the community of Apostolic Oblates she has served on local, national and international councils and currently serves as their Moderator and Formations Directress. Jessi is a trained spiritual director and leads several retreats a year, living out her passion for helping others grow in holiness by enriching their interior lives.
How It Works
- Watch the Introduction by our host, Emily Leedom.
- Create a retreat space in your home. Choose a space where you feel comfortable. Invite Jesus into it by displaying your crucifix or some sacred art. Maybe light a candle to create a prayerful atmosphere.
- Gather your supplies. You will want your Bible and a journal. Open or print the reflection guides for each talk.
- Watch the first session. If you are making the retreat on your own, pause the video as Jessi poses questions. Prayerfully answer them in your heart. If you are watching with a group, jot notes in your journal or on the reflection guide as you go to help with your group discussion later.
- Gather your thoughts. Take a few minutes to reflect on what you just received. Then, if you are doing this with a group, jump on your call to share and discuss.
- Take a break. Get up and stretch. Refresh your coffee or water. Take a short walk outside or change your laundry loads and come back.
- Watch the second session. Again, pause the video or jot notes to share as you go.
- Gather your thoughts. Again, take a few minutes to reflect on what you just received, and hop on your call to share.
- Take it to prayer. In the coming days, weeks, months, continue to take the things you learned today to prayer. Remember it's an ever evolving process, a continual invitation to cultivate a relationship with God.
- Bonus: Have brunch! Make yourself something yummy before you begin. (Have you tried crepes? They're easy and delicious.) If you are doing this with a group, share recipes in advance. Create a sense of community via phone or video chat while you eat. Catch up and socialize before the sessions begin.