The Office of Adult Discipleship & Evangelization is dedicated to forming and equipping missionary disciples with opportunities to encounter Jesus Christ, to grow in knowledge of His teaching, and to share Him with others.
A Note from Chris
- If you're involved in a small group, consider using technology (Google Hangouts, Zoom, Facetime, etc.) to continue to meet.
- Although we cannot participate in the Mass at the present time, there's still great merit in watching the Mass on TV or online and praying along with the priest. The Diocese of Sioux Falls Sunday Mass airs on KELO-TV on Sundays at 10:00am and is always available online on the diocesan YouTube channel.
- Many priests are making daily Mass likewise available online (for example, Bishop Barron is doing so here), and EWTN has always aired daily Mass (check their listings).
- There are many fantastic prayer resources that are now available for free (on a temporary basis). In particular, I highly recommend Magnificat as a way to draw closer to the Lord during the particularly challenging Lenten season.
Recommended Online Resources
- Word on Fire - Bishop Robert Barron’s apostolate, with audio, video and print resources addressing the faith in general, including how to respond to the pandemic
- Ascension Presents - audio & video, including Fr Mike Schmitz’s excellent videos
- Formed - video resource, for those parishes with subscriptions
- National Catholic Register - Catholic newspaper with news and resources
- Dynamic Catholic - high quality videos and other online resources
- Magnificat - monthly prayer resource with daily Mass readings and prayers, reflections, lives of the Saints and other prayer resources, temporarily free during the pandemic.
- Parish Talks - Dr. Chris visits parishes around the diocese to lead open conversations about current topics concerning the faith.
- Workshops - Dr. Chris can come to your parish to lead a specialized workshop for your parishioners or parish staff.
- Speakers - We are able to suggest local diocesan approved Catholic speakers for your parish events.
- Our purpose is equipping the laity throughout the diocese for Missionary Discipleship.
- Participants receive formation in four key areas: Intellectual, Spiritual, Human, and Apostolic.
- Multiple tracks are available to pair with each individual's interests, gifts, and talents.
You, Me & He Newsletter
Dr. Chris Burgwald, Director of Adult Discipleship and Evangelization, and Emily Leedom, Director of Marriage, Family & Respect Life, have teamed up to create a monthly email newsletter where you'll find stories to get you thinking, awesome resources for continued growth, upcoming diocesan events and a few hidden jokes along the way. Join their journey as they ponder the funny moments, profound encounters and daily grind of the human experience!